Valerie Thompson: "World's Fastest Female Motorcycle Racer"
Valerie is the “World’s Fastest Female Motorcycle Racer” and an eight-time land speed record holder with membership in the Sturgis Motorcycle Hall of Fame, seven 200 MPH Clubs and one 300 MPH Club. In 2018, she piloted the famed BUB 7 Streamliner to a record speed of 328.467 mph (528.616 km/h) and is the only female rider featured on the “World’s Top 10 Fastest Motorcycle Riders” list. She was recently included on the Dealernews “Top 100 Leaders in Powersports” list.
In addition to pursuing the fastest motorcycle title of 376.363 mph, Valerie assumed driving duties of the Treit and Davenport Target 550 Streamliner in 2019 for her first land speed record attempt on 4-wheels. Marlo Treit and Les Davenport have four decades of land speed racing experience in a variety of record-setting vehicles. The team’s goal is to break the current conventional wheel-driven, piston-powered automobile FIA class speed record of 417.020 mph.
Valerie is the first woman in the seat of the Target 550 Streamliner, so she could achieve the goal of becoming the first woman over 400 mph both in a car and motorcycle. While other women have reached fabulous speeds in a car and others in a motorcycle streamliner, NO woman has done both. She has the opportunity to be the first driver over 500 mph in a piston engine car, and over 400 mph in a motorcycle. Something that NOBODY – man or woman has accomplished.
Land Speed Racing
Awards & Acknowledgements
- Featured in "Rockets and Titans" a film documentary scheduled to premiere worldwide in 2019
- Only female racer on “World’s Top 10 Fastest Motorcycle Riders” list – 2019
- Named one of “Top 100 Leaders in Powersports” (Dealernews) - 2019
- Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame Inductee - 2018
- First female member of Dry Lakes Racers Australia (DLRA) 300 MPH Motorcycle Club – 2018
- Recipient of DLRA “Fastest Lady on the Lake Award” (328.467 mph) – 2018
- First female appointee to Bonneville 200 MPH Club Board of Directors – 2017
- Recipient of “Top Speed Award” at the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials (304.263 mph) - 2016
- Recipient of American Woman Riders Association Community Hero Award for support of the HopeKids non-profit organization
- Recipient of Red-Carpet Award by Delores Seright, author of Amazing Women “Shattering Barriers”
- Guest Celebrity Rider/Speaker for International Female Ride Day – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
TV & Film Acknowledgements
- Co-starred in Super Bowl Commercial
- Often seen on Barrett-Jackson Auto Auctions television broadcasts as a celebrity vehicle presenter
- Featured in award-winning documentary films, including “Why We Ride” and “Mega Speed” (Discovery Channel)
“Rockets and Titans” Worldwide Film Documentary
The quest for the world record title is being captured on ﬁlm by P-51 Pictures and Executive Producer Dana Brown, creators of “Dust to Glory,” “On Any Sunday” and the award-winning “Out of Nothing” motorcycle racing documentary. P-51 crews have followed Valerie and Denis Manning for more than 18 months ﬁlming “Rockets and Titans,” scheduled for worldwide theater distribution in 2019. Dana Brown produced “Step Into Liquid,” one of the highest grossing sports documentaries in history.
“Rockets and Titans” is an incredible, cross-continental story with strong social signiﬁcance… one that will encourage and inspire everyone, especially young women. This is the land speed race of the century, and a story that packs a powerful message of passion, ambition, determination… and the journey to ﬁght for one’s dreams against all odds.